First Bath and Couch Potatoes.
Fiona is nearly 2 and a half weeks old. She already looks so different than she did when we were in the hospital. Her cord fell off yesterday, so she’s finally got a belly button…which is insanely cute. Since she has lost the cord, we were able to give her her first real bath last night-
It was adorable. She was pretty mad when we first took off her bathrobe (which is way too friggin cute, thanks for that, Jada) but once we got her down into the water she seemed to like it.
We’ve had a busy first couple of weeks. Fiona has already done a ton of things and been a bunch of places, including-
– going to Mass with both grandmas and Aunt Emily when they were all visiting
– coming with us to vote on election day
– going out for coffee (woot finally can have my double tall latte guilt-free!)
– shopping at the outlet mall
– attending a tupperware party
– going to the ice rink to watch Daddy play hockey (ok, so she slept in her carseat underneath her Pittsburgh Penguins cover the entire time- but she went!)
– getting checked out at the pediatricians office twice already (she’s growing well and doing great. By her 2-week checkup she was already weighing in at 7lb10oz, and was measuring above-average length-wise. So she’s gaining weight which is excellent. But we already told her to enjoy that above-average height while she can, cause with a 5ft1in mother and a 5ft8in father there is no way she stays above-average height for long…)
We also like to chill out at home. When Dad’s lying on the couch with Fiona they usually play X-box. When I’m on the couch with her we watch as much Law&Order as TNT, USA, and NBC will give me. Since this week has been pretty miserable weather-wise, we’ve been hardcore couch potatoes.
Sometimes I fall asleep mid-episode. As happened here.
Nate goes back to work tomorrow (boo), so I’m planning and hoping to make a list of things I need to get done, and get back into a more normal schedule. Maybe I’ll even get dressed and go somewhere exciting like the grocery store. Or maybe we’ll even venture as far as Target! Wouldn’t that be an accomplishment.
All things considered, we are are doing pretty well thus far, with minimal hysterical hormonal crying breakdowns on my part. Which is always good.
One more photo to close it out-